Sunday, May 30, 2010

It ain't easy being Green.

Over the past couple of months, I have become more interested in becoming more Green. I have already been cloth diapering when Faith isn't at daycare. I am loving it more and more everyday. If and when we have another baby, I will hopefully stay home with our two babies. Putting two kids in daycare is crazy expensive. So, if we have another baby, I am hoping to cloth diaper full time. At first Damian didn't want anything to do with cloth diapering, but today he actually seemed interested. I think he is liking the fact that he doesn't have to change any diapers when Faith is being CD.
I am so proud of my sweet husband. He made a diaper sprayer for me. It works beautifully, and instead of paying 75 bucks for one, he spent about 25 and made one. I got the instructions from http://gidgetgoeshome.com/2008/08/25/diy-tutorial-make-your-own-diaper-sprayer/

Today, I made my own cloth wipes. I used some old receiving blankets that I had. I made about 15 wipes and it took me about an hour to cut them out, stitch them together and then top stitch them. They look good and I can't wait to use them

I also made my own all purpose cleaner today. It works really well, but I don't think it smells good or clean, so I am going to keep messing with different recipes until I find one I like.


How green are you and what tips to you have for someone like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment