Saturday, May 22, 2010

Veggie Tales

No, not the TV show! I don't let Faithie watch TV.

When I first started feeding Faith she would eat anything. Veggies, fruits, whatever.

However, those days have ended and Faith has become a picky eater, and hardly ever wants to eat any veggies. I try and try and try, but I usually outsmarted by a 14 month old baby.

I was talking to my friend Crystal about how she gets her son to eat veggies. She told me about this brilliant recipe for a fruit smoothie.

It is so simple and Faith LOVES it!! And she doesn't even realize that she is getting 3 different fruits and a big ol' helping of spinach.


I got a couple of bananas, a bag of frozen strawberries, a little bit of apple juice, a container of goat yogurt and some fresh spinach. ( ALL ORGANIC, by the way )





Put the spinach in the blender and add a little bit of apple juice. Blend until it is a green liquid. Then add in the fruits and the yogurt. Put it all into a sippy cup and you have a great treat. I am going to make some more soon and freeze them into Popsicles for the summer time.

I have also made this with blueberries and it was just as good. The sky is the limit. You can add whatever your heart desires. Good luck and hopefully your little one will like it as much as Faith did.

No comments:

Post a Comment