Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Toot your own horn Tuesday!

Toot your own horn Tuesday is the day when you can give yourself a high five, pat on the back,etc for something you have done that you are proud of.


My first toot my own horn Tuesday is:


I am so happy that I was able to only give my daughter breast milk. I didn't let anything stop me. I had latch issues,and used a nipple shield until Faith was about 5 1/2 months old. That is when she started to not want to nurse at all. So I pumped. And pumped, and pumped and pumped. Haha.
I am so proud to say that Faith has never had one drop of formula. Yipee! Less than 17% of women actually give their child ONLY breast milk for the first year. That is crazy to me. It is free. Why not? It is so much better for your baby.
The cons are that it is time consuming and you have to be 100% dedicated, and have a good support system that is also their supporting you the whole way. Thank you Damian and Dawn. xoxo

I am so happy that I was able to give my girl what she needed.


Toot Toot!

No comments:

Post a Comment