Monday, March 1, 2010

If he leads you to it, he will lead you through it.

I am sitting here on the couch looking up information online about Faith's PJRT. (permanent reciprocating junctional tachycardia )
There is just no information out there on it. And what is out there is scary to read. I was reading one website where it said " PJRT is a potentially lethal arrhythmia in children with tachycardia induced cardiomyopathy. Spontaneous resolution of tachycardia is not uncommon. Antiarrhythmic treatment is often effective. Radiofrequency ablation should be performed in older children or when rate is not controlled, especially in patients with persistent left ventricular dysfunction."

I always knew that it could be lethal, but reading it sends chills up my spine.
I try so hard to stay positive about the fact my child has a heart condition. Why and how did this happen to us? I did everything I was supposed to the whole time I was pregnant. I know of girls out there who have smoked cigarettes,and marijuana the whole time they were pregnant. They ate terrible, and didn't take care of themselves, or the child inside of them. Why is it that my baby is the one with the heart problem? I keep reminding myself of what my friend Liz said. " If he leads you to it, he will lead you through it"
I try and tell myself that God gave me this beautiful little girl because he knew I could take care of her. He knew that those girls who were so selfish, wouldn't be able to do what I can. At least that is what I am telling myself. :)

On a bittersweet note, it is 10 days until my baby girl's 1st birthday. WOW.. Time has gone by so fast.

I am hoping that I get motivated enough to post some pics of Faith in the hospital later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment