Thursday, June 7, 2012

Look at my grown up flower bed!!

Remember me saying how our awesome neighbor planted flowers and plants in our flowerbeds? Check out my pretties! I am so excited. I say that this is my first GROWN UP flower bed, because normally I go to Home Depot or Lowes and pick out cute Gerber daisies, and any other bright cutesie flowers I could find. I never cared if they could withstand the Texas heat, I just thought they were pretty and I wanted them. They looked great for all about 2 weeks and then they died. Now that I have two kiddos, I don't have the time or the money to waste on stuff like that. I knew that I wanted some flowers and plants in the beds, but I just didn't know where to start or what to do. So my lovely neighbor has helped me so much, and taught me so much about how I wanted perennials (they come back year after year ), and what kinds of flowers and plants can really stay alive with the heat. I am not taking any credit with how awesome this flower bed looks, because I didn't plant anything, Rhonda planted everything. She says it is a work in progress and as it grows I will keep taking pictures of how it looks. But right now I am amazed at how much better it looks than a bunch of weeds like before. I should have taken before and after pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment