Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving and my Birthday Post

I have been a huge slacker and didn't blog at all last week. We had a very busy week. Last Tuesday was my 27th birthday. I worked that day and then went out to dinner with family. I was off of work for the rest of the week. Wednesday I cleaned the house and started preparing our Thanksgiving meal. We had it at our house this year. It was so nice to be able to have both of our families over to eat. I made a 21lb turkey and it was freakin AMAZING! There were no leftovers!
It is a family tradition for the women in our family to go "black Friday" shopping every year. This year it was only my mom and I that went. My Aunt's husband was in town ( he travels for work ), my other aunt didn't want to go and my sister wanted to go with her "boyfriend". ( Not cool ) but owell. So my mom and I started out at the outlet mall at 10pm and shopped until about 4pm Friday. We got a lot of good things! Most of my Christmas shopping is done, and I got myself a couple of goodies. A new HP laptop and a new flash for my camera. I have been wanting one for a looooonnnng time so I am super stoked that I finally got one. I am still learning how to use it.


I had a great Thanksgiving week and am so blessed.

I heard someone say this and I don't think it can be more true:

" I may not be blessed with everything I want, but I am blessed to have everything I need"

Here are some pictures from Thanksgiving.

My turkey. I am so proud



Gracie and I posing with the turkey. Look at Gracie staring that thing down.



Faithie helped make the salad.




And she helped eat it. LOL



That turkey didn't know what hit him!



The pups are so tired after a long day of football, family, friend and food.



Faith goofing off on Friday. I was trying out my new flash.



Cute girl

No comments:

Post a Comment