Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Worst Mom Award goes to.....

( Points to self ) This girl!

Remember how I said that I stripped Faith's diapers and washed them in a new detergent? Well, Monday morning Faith woke up with BLISTERS all over her diaper area. Not cool. Obviously she was having an allergic reaction to the new detergent. Luckily I ordered 6 packets of the RLR. I used three on Saturday.

I knew that I couldn't spend all day at home doing the diapers again, so I packed everything up, and went to the laundry mat in Kyle to strip the diapers yet again and was them in the old detergent.

I was there for about 3 1/2 hours and finally got the dipes back to normal.BUT since it decided to rain all day I couldn't put the diapers out on the line to dry, so I had them hanging all over the house.

This was so stressful for me. Not how I had planned spending my Labor Day. So my sweet angel's blistered baby junk was just the start of me being an awful mom.

I was so focused on the diapers, I forgot to give Faith her 2pm heart meds. I realized this at 7pm. Faith has to have her meds every 8 hours. Very time sensitive. I started freaking out, had to call the on call cardiologist and everything ended up being ok. Her heart rate was good, we gave her the meds, and then we got up at 1 am to give them to her again. ( We got up actually means Damian got up ) He is wonderful when it comes to getting up in the middle of the night. One of the million reasons why I love him.

So today I am just feeling like a bad mom. I hate this feeling. Boo

PS excuse the poor quality of the photos. They were taken with my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment